Thursday 25 August 2011

100 Escapes

Just coming back to Cardinal Quest for a second, but I forgot to note in my original post that it avoids doing the one thing I really hate about 100 Rogues - it doesn't penalize me from moving away from an adjacent monster.

In 100 Rogues, if I move away from a monster next to me, every adjacent monster gets an attack. It annoys the heck out of me. I'd much rather be able to reposition, even if the monster is merely going to step into the space I was occupying, because it means I can do all sorts of interesting roguelike tactics e.g. flee into a corridor to avoid being surrounded, hack and back against slower monsters, pillar dancing and so on.

Also: Cardinal Quest on Rock Paper Shotgun. The conversation in the comments has got slightly derailed, and it needs some love to get back on track.

No comments: